Thursday, October 28, 2010

Arboform with glass



In the future, I want to work with Arboform and glass. Originally starting my degree in Printmedia and now residing in the glass studio, my practice explores printing processes AND glass and representing the same image through various mediums.

I recently completed a wood cut as part of my 2nd year body of work and while doing this I decided that in the future, when cost and time permits, I would like to slump Arboform on a mould and work with layering inks and/or enamels.


(plaster mould)


The way that a certain medium can change due to heat, pressure etc. and how the determined changes and unforeseen changes can effect the rest of the process interests me greatly and I believe Arboform would be one of these processes. If used in a series, the way the piece turns out will greatly affect the creation of the next piece, weather the image be exactly the same yet in a different material or slightly or greatly altered due to the material used.

Below and some more pictures of the pre-fired dichroic glass pieces I did earlier this year. I post these specific pictures becuase this is where I would start with tests of Arboform and small pieces of glass.

I endebour to use Arboform in the future and I hope to become a semi-advocate for the new "liquid wood" for other artists.

-Its environmental price tag is already hard to beat.








No comments:

Post a Comment